What is an awning window?
The hardware and construction of an awning window is very similar to a casement window, but opens outward on a horizontal axis.
Where should I consider installing an awning window?
Just like casement windows, awning windows are perfect for hard-to-reach areas like over a kitchen sink or in a projecting window such as a bow or bay. The windows crank open and closed with ease, and allow more light and visibility than other styles.
Awning Window Features:
- Multi-chambered 3 1/4 inch vinyl frames
- Fusion-welded sashes and mainframes
- Sash opens a full 90 degrees for easy cleaning and to meet egress code requirements
- Heavy duty foldable crank and hinge operating hardware
- Multi-point locking system with easy single lever operation
- Warm edge spacer system
- Meets Energy Star requirements with LowE/Argon glass option
- Transferable Lifetime Warranty